Saturday, November 17, 2007

My New Ride

Have you ever wished that your creeper easily rolled over extension cords or concrete seams? Did you ever have a problem with the creeper rolling away when you tried to loosen or tighten a nut? The answer to both questions is probably "yes."

When the caster bearings on my $25 creeper started losing the steel balls and made it hard to maneuver, I knew that I had to find a solution. I knew that there was a creeper called "The Bone" with large caster wheels but the shape looked very confining to me. Some reviews of "The Bone" confirmed my suspicions about the confinement aspect but everyone raved about how easily it moved.

Further investigation revealed a creeper with large casters and a hand brake! It is the King Crawler by REL products and their products are made in Alabama. Here it is:

Notice the large casters which makes is very easy to move around under a vehicle:

Notice the hand brake which is within easy reach of the right hand:


The construction is very heavy duty and the frame is powder coated in silver. There is a headrest that is nothing more than a raised section of the foam padding. Unlike the $25 creeper that I previously owned, the headrest does not adjust but then again, I never adjusted it anyway.

The King Crawler is available at SJ Discount Tools for $96.75 plus shipping. It cost me $104.70 delivered via Fed Ex.

No comments: